follow the adventures of kim and kelly through europe! visit the places we see, meet the people we meet, take in the sights, and be amazed at the goodness of the Lord as he provides, protects and guides us!

Friday, June 24, 2011

flight schedules and fruit smoothies

The first leg of our adventure was getting Kelly from Phoenix to Chicago. Well, this has indeed turned out to be an adventure. Currently, she's been on one flight, spent a night in an airport and apparently has made a new BFF, Kyrstin (a high school girl) over Jamba Juice in the airport lounge and is STILL in Denver! AND I am yet Kelly-less! We are using a standby ticket from some dear and very generous friends so we knew this would be an adventure.... but let me ask this.... it's 60 degrees and cloudy in Chicago. WHY ARE ALL THESE CRAZY PEOPLE FLYING HERE?!? GO SOMEWHERE WARM AND SUNNY FOR PETE'S SAKE!

Really though, both Kelly and I are no strangers to delays - in airports and in life - Oh, the Lord knows! So.... we know that the Lord has purpose in even this. Times of delay are opportunities to practice faith - and living obediently to Christ. Maybe Kyrstin will get saved today! I invite you to join and pray to that end! So for now I wait and pray..... Even as I write this sitting at my computer in my cozy house; window open with the faint sound of a neighbor's lawn mower I'm reminded that our God is sovereign over even details like flight schedules and fruit smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment